Face-To-Face Counselling Services

Seeing a counsellor can be very helpful if you need someone to talk to and you feel that you need some more support. Although there may be people around you who want to help, they may not understand what you are going through, or you may not want to burden them with your problems.

I offer an integrated approach to counselling involving elements of person-centred therapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy. I also provide specific courses to help people with anger, stress or anxiety management issues.

Individual Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Cognitive-behavioural therapy can help you to cope more positively with everyday things in your life and is particularly useful for people who want a practical approach to counselling.

Cognitive-behavioural therapy will help you to learn to cope with troubling thoughts, will teach you positive social skills for dealing with tricky everyday situations and will provide you with practical skills for coping with stress or low mood. This will improve the quality of your relationships, increase your self-esteem and help you to cope better with the stress and strains of everyday life.

Cognitive-behavioural therapy is useful if you are experiencing the following difficulties:
-anxiety attacks
-problems controlling anger

Cognitive-behavioural therapy helps to teach individuals practical skills that they can use in their everyday lives, as well as offering you the space to talk about your feelings in private.

Individual Person-Centred Therapy
Person-centred therapy allows the privacy and space to discuss your thoughts and feeling and learn to cope more positively with everyday things in your life. This approach is particularly useful for people who want a chance to talk.

Person-centred therapy will help you to learn to love yourself again, and empowers you to find solutions to your own difficulties. This will help to improve the quality of your relationships. This type of counselling is useful if you are experiencing relationship difficulties, grief or loss, depression or low self-esteem.

Person-centred therapy is not about providing solutions to your problems, but about helping you to find the solutions yourself, as well as offering you the space to talk about your feelings in private.

Management Classes
-Do you feel unable to cope with the stresses and strains of daily life?
-Do you feel unable to control your temper?
-Do you have problems managing anxiety in your life?

Sometimes you may find it difficult to cope with stress, anger or anxiety, common problems that we all experience from time to time. Management sessions offer practical skills that can help you to deal more positively with the stresses, worries and irritations in your life.

Management classes involves teaching you relaxation techniques specifically targeted to your problem area and aims to help you to cope with any troubling thoughts you may have and improve the quality of your life.

I offer face-to-face sessions at my practice in North Petherton. Home visits within Bridgwater and Taunton and surrounding areas are available on request. Sessions are available weekday evenings and weekends. Please enquire.

Telephone Or Internet-Based Counselling

Some people find it hard to attend face-to-face counselling sessions. This may be because you have a very busy schedule and can’t find the time to travel to sessions. Or it may because you have a disability and it is easier to for you to talk to someone from the comfort of your own home. Telephone or internet counselling sessions (instant messenger, email or skype) are just like office-based weekly appointments except that they are conducted over the telephone or via email.

As with face-to-face sessions, all telephone & internet sessions are confidential and conducted in private so you can discuss your concerns.

For more information on telephone or internet counselling please contact me.

You must be 18 or older to use this telephone counselling service. This is not a Crisis Call Centre. If you need to speak to someone urgently then you should contact your GP or speak to the Samaritans on 08457 909090

This service is only available to residents of the UK living within the UK.

Please note counselling services are not available to any student from University of Plymouth due to professional conflict of interest.